Student at home is a student accommodation in a class of its own!
Being in the industry for many years we have managed to find the art of defining the perfect living solution for students. We see our accommodation as a bridging gap between being at home and the big wide world.
Our apartments are fully stocked with all modern equipment, perfect for student living.
This includes bed, desk, cupboard, tv and in the kitchen pots, pans, cutlery, crockery, kettle, fridge and microwave. All apartments have their own standard bathroom with shower, basin and toilet.
We have services that include uncapped wi-fi, 19 channels of dstv and a cleaning service once a week. We also provide linen, but at an extra cost of R300. (you have the option of keeping the bedding)
We have a laundry facility with four industrial washers and dryers. These are coin-operated machines.
Each room is fitted with a pre-paid electricity meter. Only the lights and plugs are charged on the meter, water and the geyser are for our account. (R100 per week)
We pride ourselves on three specific things, security, location and comfort.
We have on site 24 hour security, which means both entrances to the building as well as doing perimeter checks. We have cameras on every floor, plus a biometric fingerprint system, so that only tenants are granted access with their fingerprint. We have very strict house rules, please see the below.
Our Location could not be more central. Adderley Street is a very popular street in Cape Town. It is near all main public transport terminals, shopping malls and universities and colleges.
Comfort is important for all tenants and we pride ourselves on a level of comfort to suit all the students’ needs.
Please find more info below……
Please see pricing for our room options
- Bronze @ R4500.00 per month
- Silver @ R5000.00 per month
- Gold @ R5250.00 per month
- Mini-platinum @ R5500.00 per month
- Platinum @ R6000.00 per month
****Please note that the 9th floor is our exclusive floor which is at an additional cost of R500.00 per month.
We have a premium rate of R7500.00 for short term rentals in our platinum rooms (anything under 3 months due to availability).
Payments are made bi-annually or annually. A deposit of R8000.00 is payable of which R6250.00 is refundable.
Building, common areas and rooms
- Please keep your room clean and tidy and all times
- Keep the bathrooms and kitchens clean
- Stale and uneaten or waste foods must be immediately thrown away in the dustbins provided in the kitchens
- Rooms may be inspected twice a month
- Should we find that the state of your room is a potential health hazard you will be informed to clean your room. Should you consistently keep your room in such a state we will arrange for your room to be cleaned and all costs will be for your account.
- Please ensure that prior to vacating your room for weekends, vacations or otherwise that your room is cleaned and all food stuffs are disposed of
- Bed linen should be changed and washed once a week
- The furniture provided in your room may not be removed
- Clothes or other items may not be hung from the windows of the building
- Please do not mark, litter or damage the common areas of the building.
- Toilets must not be used for the disposal of any foreign objects only toilet paper may be flushed down the toilet
Security and safety
- We cannot be held responsible for any losses that may incur whilst residing in our building, therefore please keep your room locked at all times.
- The key of your room must never be given or lent to any other person.
- It is important that you take good care not to leave your keys in a place that they could be stolen or lost.
- The issuing of lost keys will be for your cost and will be payable before another key is issued to you. The approximate turn-around time for a replacement key is 36 hours.
- Tampering with any security or fire equipment is an offense and is strictly forbidden. Should you tamper with the security and/or fire equipment in any way, this may result in disciplinary action & the possibility of legal prosecution.
- The use of candles, oil lamps, incense or anything that produces a naked flame is a potential fire hazard and therefore strictly forbidden to be used in your room or any areas of the building.
- We reserve the right to search bags (yours or your visitors) & rooms at any time and confiscate any firearms, weapons, alcohol, drugs or any other illegal substance.
Smoking, drugs and alcohol
- This building is a smoke free building, for health and safety reasons and is therefore prohibited
- Alcohol is not allowed on the premises.
- Drugs are strictly forbidden. If found in your possession Management reserves the right to immediately terminate the lease agreement and this may result in disciplinary action and the possibility of legal prosecution.
The Landlord reserves the right to consult the sponsors/parents and refer a resident for a drug/alcohol test in the event of the resident being suspected of taking such substances. The cost of this test must be borne by the parent/sponsor or resident. Random searches can and will be executed by authorities should the need arise.
Consideration for others
- Disorderly behavior will not be tolerated and may lead to the termination of this lease, in such cases you will be liable for the full charges set out in the lease agreement.
- Any form of insubordination will not be tolerated and may result in disciplinary action.
- The playing of music at unreasonable sound levels is strictly forbidden. Management reserves the right to confiscate any music equipment in the event that the Lessee does not adhere to this rule.
- Shouting and running in passages or any other area of this building is not permitted.
Water and electricity consumption
- Please use only minimum amount of electricity required
- Please switch off lights and electrical appliances while not in use and when you leave the room
- Ensure that all stove plates are switched off when not in use
- Water should be used sparingly
- No resident may have more than one visitor at any given time
- You will be required to accompany all visitors while on the premises
- No visitors are allowed to remain in the building without your presence. Should you leave the building, your visitors will be required also to leave the building.
- Visitors are welcome provided they observe the house rules.
- You will be responsible and financially liable for any damages caused by your visitor/s
- Visitors have access to the building from 09h00 to 23h00
- Sleeping overnight is not permitted unless by prior arrangement with management.
Residential floor Access
- Residents are to ensure that they close the security entrance door properly behind them, so that no unauthorized person is able to enter the floor behind them.
- Do not allow any strangers into the building
- Unaccompanied persons will be asked to leave the residential floors immediately and will be reported to Security and management
- All residents will enter and exit the building via the main security entrance leading onto Adderley Street